[Skip to Content]

What's a Skin Test?

Skin Test

If you might have allergies, a special doctor called an allergist (say: AL-ur-jist) can help find out what you're allergic to by giving you a skin test. For this test, the doctor will use different liquids, each containing a small amount of stuff that a person can be allergic to, such as pollen or certain foods. The doctor puts a drop of each liquid on your arm or back and then lightly pricks the skin. If you get a red, itchy bump there, you're probably allergic!