What Other Parents Are Reading
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need to consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- ½ c. quick oats
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- ½ c. water
- Combine oats, heavy whipping cream, and water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and mix well.
Serving size: ¾ c.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
16 g protein
49 g fat
47 mg sodium
120 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Consider adding raisins, nuts, honey, maple syrup, and/or brown sugar to provide additional flavor and calories.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, CNSC, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012
- Cystic Fibrosis: Diet and Nutrition
- About Recipes for Kids With Cystic Fibrosis
- Powerful Oatmeal
- Cystic Fibrosis
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.