If you have asthma, you're not alone. Lots of kids have it — and lots take medicine to breathe better.
What's an Asthma Flare-Up?
You can learn to handle asthma flare-ups. Find out how to tell if a flare-up is coming, and how to prevent them.
What Should You Do?
Follow your asthma action plan
What Can Trigger a Flare-Up?
"Trigger" is a word for something that brings on an asthma flare-up.
Do Allergies Cause Asthma?
When you already have asthma, having allergies can sometimes make it worse.
How Do Asthma Medicines Work?
Taking medicine helps control asthma. Find out what they do and how you take them.
How to Use Asthma Devices
What's the difference between a nebulizer and an inhaler?
Find out how to use your asthma treatments here.
Living With Asthma
Yes! Being active is a good idea. It helps your lungs get stronger, so they work better.
Get tips on exercise and sports
Some kids with asthma can have pets — it depends on the pet and the person's asthma.
Get tips and advice
When the air pollution is high, it's best to stay inside and run the air conditioning if you can.
Read more tips
What Do These Words Mean?
- What Are Airways?
- What Are Allergy Shots (Immunotherapy)?
- What Are Bronchial Tubes?
- What Are Corticosteroids?
- What Are Dust Mites?
- What Are Long-Term Control Medicines?
- What Are Quick-Relief Medicines?
- What Are Retractions?
- What Are Sulfites?
- What Are Triggers?
- What Is a Lung Function Test?
- What Is Bronchoconstriction?
- What Is Exercise-Induced Asthma?
- What Is Histamine?
- What's a Bronchodilator?
- What's a Cough?
- What's a Nebulizer?
- What's a Peak Flow Meter?
- What's a Spacer?
- What's a Spirometer?
- What's Allergy-Triggered Asthma?
- What's an Airway Obstruction?
- What's an Allergen?
- What's an Asthma Action Plan?
- What's an Asthma Flare-Up?
- What's an Inhaler?
- What's Animal Dander?
- What's Asthma?
- What's Pollen?
- What's Wheezing?