Managing Your Medical Care
Your How-to Basics
Do you know what to do in a health emergency? If you have a chronic condition, how do you make the shift to an adult doctor? Find out more here.
When you are prepared, you can handle almost anything.
What to do in an emergency
Frequently Asked Questions About Medicines
When you get a prescription, pick a pharmacy and find out if your insurance will pay for the medicine.
The label on your medicine gives you lots of information, including how many refills you have.
The best way to get rid of medicine you no longer need is to take it to a medicine disposal program.
Taking prescription drugs in a way that hasn't been recommended by a doctor can be more dangerous than many people realize.
Body Basics Library
- About the Body Basics Library
- Bones, Muscles, and Joints
- Brain and Nervous System
- Digestive System
- Endocrine System
- Female Reproductive System
- Heart and Circulatory System
- How Do the Joints Work? (Video)
- Immune System
- Kidneys and Urinary Tract
- Lungs and Respiratory System
- Male Reproductive System
- Mouth and Teeth
- Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Spleen and Lymphatic System