Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This is a great appetizer or snack.
Prep time: 30 minutes
What you need:
- 1 pound pork sausage, raw
- 3/4 cup all purpose baking mix
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped finely
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Center temperature of the sausage balls must be at least 165ºF (73ºC).
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 234 calories
- 11g protein
- 18g fat
- 485mg sodium
- 168mg calcium
Serving size: 3 sausage balls
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.