Tomato and Cheese Omelet
Note: This recipe is for anyone following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. skim milk
- 1 tbsp. onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. red tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp. cheddar cheese
- stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- whisk or fork
What to do:
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the skillet on low heat.
- Whisk eggs and milk until they start to foam, approximately 3 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and cover the pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 4 minutes, until bottom is golden brown and top is set.
- Sprinkle cheese, onions, and tomato over the top.
- Fold omelet in half with a spatula.
- Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Remove from skillet and serve.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5g sat. fat
Serving size: 1 omelet
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Try a variety of ingredients in the omelet. Serve with a slice of toast.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.