Baked Chicken Fajitas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20–25 minutes
Recipe makes: 4 servings
What you need:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1- to 2-inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1- to 2-inch strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1- to 2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1- to 2-inch strips
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt substitute
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbs. canola oil or olive oil
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- fat-free sour cream, for serving (optional)
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
Equipment and supplies:
- Measuring spoons
- Knives and cutting boards
- Large bowl
- Baking dish (13"x9")
- Cooking spray
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Chop chicken and vegetables on separate cutting boards.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl toss together chicken, peppers, onion, cumin, salt substitute, pepper, and canola oil until well coated.
- Bake uncovered for 20–25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve alongside corn tortillas and top with cilantro and sour cream.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 380 calories
- 28g protein
- 12g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 39g carbohydrate
- 5g fiber
- 75mg cholesterol
- 210mg sodium
- 4g sugars
Serving size:1 cup fajitas, 2 tortillas
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.