Prep time: 8 minutes
What you need:
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla, 7" diameter
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 leaf of romaine lettuce
- 1 slice turkey lunchmeat
- 1 slice ham lunchmeat
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 2 tomato slices
Equipment and supplies:
- 1 butter knife (you'll need help from an adult assistant)
What to do:
- Place tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spread hummus on one side of tortilla.
- Lay the lettuce, turkey, ham, Swiss cheese, and tomato on top of the hummus.
- Roll the tortilla in the shape of a cylinder.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 320 calories
- 20g protein
- 13g fat
- 5g sat. fat
- 30g carbohydrate
- 5g fiber
- 45mg cholesterol
- 1340mg sodium
- 3g sugars
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.