Is It OK to Have Sex While You Have Your Period?
Is it OK and normal to have sex while you have your period?
It all depends on the couple and how they feel about having sex when a girl has her period. Some girls (and guys) don't like the idea of having sex during a period. Some see it as a natural monthly break in the action. Others are perfectly comfortable with it.
However you feel, just be sure to talk it over with your partner beforehand to make sure you're on the same page.
If a girl has sex with a guy during her period, she can still get pregnant. And guys and girls also can get STDs during this time. In fact, having sex when a girl has her period can make it even easier to spread some STDs. So always use a condom every time you have sex.
*Names have been changed to protect user privacy.
- Can a Girl Get Pregnant if She Has Sex During Her Period?
- STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- About Birth Control
- Can a Girl Get Pregnant if Her Periods Are Irregular?
- Can a Girl Get Pregnant if She Has Never Had Her Period?
- Can a Girl Get Pregnant Right After Her Period Ends?
- All About Periods