Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids and teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This dish is loaded with calories and fat, so make sure your child takes his or her enzymes if pancreatic insufficient.
Prep time: 45 minutes
What you need:
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Dip chicken in egg. Then dip chicken in the seasoned breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and top each piece with 1-1/2 oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes; pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 722 calories
- 61g protein
- 46g fat
- 794mg sodium
- 620mg calcium
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve this with your favorite pasta dish. Don't forget to add some veggies to your meal!
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.