Breakfast on the Go
Are your mornings rushed? Do you wonder how to eat breakfast on a budget? Looking for ways to get a healthy start to your day without taking time for a sit-down meal?
Imagine a breakfast that’s quick, delicious, and low-cost. A meal you can hold in your hand as you head out the door. Full of nutrition, with just the right amount of fiber and protein to keep your belly satisfied longer.
A healthy grab-and-go breakfast can kickstart your metabolism and help you concentrate in school. Check out these fun and yummy recipes for success:
Grab-and-Go Breakfast Ideas
- Hardboiled egg and an orange: Peel them the night before.
- Whole-wheat toast with peanut butter and banana: Toast it. Spread it. Slice the banana or eat it whole.
- Egg sandwich in a pita or corn tortilla: Boil or scramble an egg, then plop it into a whole-wheat pita or tortilla. Spice it up with a little salsa.
- Yogurt and fruit in an ice cream cone: Carry your breakfast. Then eat the container.
- Egg muffin cups for the week: Mix up some eggs with your favorite fillings (ham, cheese, spinach, or other veggies). Bake in a greased muffin tin at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes.
- Apple wedges and peanut butter: Eat them plain or roll them up in a whole-wheat tortilla.
- String cheese and a piece of fruit: The only thing you need to do is to grab your breakfast and go.
- Leftover veggie (or fruit!) pizza: Think outside the breakfast box. Pineapple is great on pizza too.
- Half a cheese sandwich: Change it up with lunch foods in the morning. Choose whole-grain bread. Enjoy a fruit or veggie with it.