Racism: Taking Action
People around the world feel stunned, heartbroken, and enraged at the news of George Floyd's death. At Nemours, our mission is to improve the health of all children. We're also committed to creating a more humane society.
We face a moral crisis, woven through our society. Racism leads to health disparities, illness, and death. As a health care organization, we commit to work on preventing the spread of racism to promote the health and well-being of all.
We all, collectively, must do our part to address the systemic biases in our communities. For parents, that means talking to kids about racism and privilege and creating a culture that respects all people.
Here are some resources to help you and your family learn more and take action:
- How to Talk to Kids about Race and Racism: Parent Toolkit
- PBS's Teaching Your Child About Black History Month
- The New York Times Magazine 1619 Project
- Color of Change
- Showing Up for Racial Justice Toolkit
- Coretta Scott King Book Award Winners
- 31 Children's Books to Support Conversations on Race, Racism, and Resistance
- Your Kids Aren't Too Young to Talk About Race: Resource Roundup