About First Aid Guides
Being a parent means dealing with mishaps and illnesses. You can handle some problems at home, but more serious problems need a doctor's care.
Whether it's a medical emergency or minor injury, here's the first-aid info you need:
- Allergic Reactions
- Animal Bites
- Asthma Flare-Ups
- Broken Bones
- Chest Pains
- Common Cold
- Diaper Rash
- Eye Injuries
- Febrile Seizures
- Head Injuries
- Head Lice
- Heat Exhaustion and Heatstroke
- Pain With Urinating (Peeing)
- Sore Throat
- Stiff Neck
- Strains and Sprains
- Teeth Injuries
- First Aid & Safety Center
- First-Aid Kit
- Childproofing and Preventing Household Accidents
- Going to the Emergency Room
- When and Where to Get Medical Care
- Household Safety Checklists
- Teaching Your Child How to Use 911
- What You Need to Know in an Emergency
- When to Go to the ER if Your Child Has Asthma
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.