Dictionary: Single Ventricle Defect
Single ventricle defect: a heart usually has two working ventricles (pumping chambers). Having a single ventricle (VEN-trih-kul) means that only one of the two ventricles works well enough to pump blood.
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS)
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome Surgery: The Glenn Procedure
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome Surgery: The Norwood Procedure
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome Surgery: The Fontan Procedure
- Dictionary: Aorta
- Dictionary: Blalock-Taussig (BT) shunt
- Dictionary: Blood Pressure
- Dictionary: Heart Transplant
- Dictionary: Inferior Vena Cava
- Dictionary: Interstage Period
- Dictionary: Left Ventricle
- Dictionary: Open-Heart Surgery
- Dictionary: Sano shunt
- Heart and Circulatory System
- Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.