Peanut Butter Bars
Note: This recipe is for anyone following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet.
This is a delicious dessert. Bring it to your next school event!
Prep time: 30 minutes
What you need:
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1 10-oz. package marshmallows (gelatin-free)
- 6 c. puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 c. peanut butter chips
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peanuts, chopped
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- measuring cups
- stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
What to do:
- Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine and marshmallows over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into pan.
- Chill in refrigerator and cut into 2 x 1.5 inch bars.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
2g sat. fat
Serving size: one 2 x 1.5 inch bar
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
The leftovers should be stored in an airtight container.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.