Chocolate Sweetheart Parfaits
Note: Parfaits can be made up to 2 days in advance.
Prep time: 5 minutes
What you need:
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup shaved dark chocolate or chocolate chips
Equipment and supplies:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Tall glasses, preferably clear
What to do:
- In medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Add honey and yogurt and stir until they're well combined with cocoa mixture. It will turn light brown.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt mixture into the bottom of four clear glasses.
- Top with some raspberries and repeat until all of the yogurt and raspberries are used up.
- Sprinkle each parfait with chocolate shavings.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 140 calories
- 10g protein
- 3.5g fat
- 2g sat. fat
- 20g carbohydrate
- 5g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 35mg sodium
- 15g sugars
Serving size: 1 parfait
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD