Prep time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. blueberries, washed and drained
- extra margarine for the pan
What to do:
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- Melt the margarine in a small saucepan.
- Crack the egg into a medium-size bowl, then add the milk and melted margarine.
- Whisk egg mixture until it is well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk again until both mixtures are blended together.
- Put extra margarine in the saucepan and heat it on the stovetop on medium heat. It is hot enough when the margarine starts to bubble.
- Use a measuring cup or a small ladle to spoon the batter into the pan to make 4 pancakes. Put some blueberries on top of each pancake.
- Cook your pancakes on medium heat until small bubbles appear on the top.
- Use a spatula to lift the edge of the pancakes to see whether they're light brown on the bottom. When they are, flip them over with the spatula.
- Cook for another few minutes until the pancakes are light brown on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 333 calories
- 11g protein
- 9g fat
- 52g carbohydrate
- 3g fiber
- 108mg cholesterol
- 915mg sodium
- 270mg calcium
- 2.8mg iron
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Eat your pancakes with powdered sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, jelly, or fruit on top.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.