Birth Control: What Parents Need to Know
Teens who decide to have sex should protect themselves from unplanned pregnancy by using birth control. They also should use condoms every time to protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
There are many methods of birth control to choose from. Check out the articles below to learn the facts about these different options:
- Answering Questions About Sex
- When Should My Daughter First Go to the Gynecologist?
- Sexual Orientation
- Talking to Your Kids About STDs
- Your Daughter's First Gynecology Visit
- Sexual Development
- Should Kids & Teens Who Aren't Sexually Active Be Vaccinated Against HPV?
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. KidsHealth® is a registered trademark of The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images sourced by The Nemours Foundation and Getty Images.