Note: This recipe is especially for kids with lactose intolerance, who need to limit or avoid dairy products.
Enjoy this baked chicken dish that has a bit of Indian flare.
Prep time: 45 minutes
What you need:
- 2 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 ounces of coconut milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Use ½ teaspoon oil to grease baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Combine canola oil, coconut milk, cilantro, and curry powder in a shallow bowl.
- Add chicken to sauce and coat evenly. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish.
- Spoon remainder of yogurt sauce on top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 35 minutes or until it's no longer pink in the middle..
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 225 calories
- 38g protein
- 5g fat
- 2g sat. fat
- 4g carbohydrate
- 0g fiber
- 100mg cholesterol
- 127mg sodium
- 129mg calcium
- 1.2mg iron
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Tastes great with couscous or rice and steamed vegetables.
- About Recipes for Kids With Lactose Intolerance
- Cooking With Kids
- Food Safety for Your Family
- Lactose Intolerance
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.