Lean Green Pita Dippers
Complete this light lunch by adding your favorite cut-up veggies or a side salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 1/4 of cucumber, sliced
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Food processor or blender
- Baking sheet
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Place yogurt, spinach, cucumber, salt, and pepper into food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place dip into a bowl and refrigerate until chips are done.
- Cut pitas into 8 wedges.
- Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until light golden brown and crispy.
- Use the pita wedges to scoop up the yogurt dip!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 210 calories
- 12g protein
- 1.5g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 38g carbohydrate
- 5g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 410mg sodium
- 4g sugars
Serving size: 8 chips and 1/2 cup dip
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
- Take a Look at Cooking
- Lean Green Pita Dippers
- Garden-Fresh Lunches
- How to Read a Recipe
- MyPlate Food Guide
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.