Tomato Basil Pizza
Prep time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 slices of a tomato
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
What to do:
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice the English muffin in half. Place halves on a small baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the muffins.
- Top with cheese, basil, and a tomato slice.
- Broil until cheese is brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 180 calories
- 10g protein
- 3g fat
- 2g sat. fat
- 27g carbohydrate
- 4g fiber
- 10mg cholesterol
- 490mg sodium
- 5g sugars
Serving size: 1 English muffin with toppings
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.