PB & Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
What you need:
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the banana, oil, and vanilla and stir well.
- Add the banana mixture to dry ingredients, stirring as you add.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Place rounded tablespoon-size scoops of dough onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks. Cool completely before serving.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 120 calories
- 3g protein
- 9g fat
- 1.5g sat. fat
- 10g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 55mg sodium
- 4g sugars
Serves: About 12
Serving size: 1 cookie
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
- Eating Out When You Have Diabetes
- Meal Plans: What Kids With Diabetes Need to Know
- About Recipes for Kids With Diabetes
- Diabetes Center
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.