Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids and teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
You can make this yummy dessert now and freeze the leftovers to eat later.
Prep time: 50 minutes
What you need:
Bottom layer ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 box pudding-style yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
Middle layer ingredients:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5-1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Mix together all the ingredients listed to make the bottom layer and spread in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Use hand mixer to whip together the remaining ingredients to make the middle layer. Whip until fluffy and spread over cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 464 calories
- 5g protein
- 16g fat
- 410mg sodium
- 76mg calcium
Serving size: 3-1/2-inch x 2-1/2-inch square
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.