Tortilla Bowl Deluxe
Note: Braeden Mannering of Delaware was invited to the White House because he won a national healthy recipe contest for creating this dairy-free recipe. (If you try this recipe, get a grownup's help because it requires using a knife.)
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 medium (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled or cooked as desired, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup lactose-free shredded Monterey Jack cheese (can substitute regular cheese if you have no dietary restrictions)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 corn tortilla bowl
Equipment and supplies:
- Medium bowl
What to do:
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, avocado, bell pepper, tomato, and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop into the tortilla bowl and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 520 calories
- 49g protein
- 20g fat
- 7g sat. fat
- 36g carbohydrate
- 8g fiber
- 125mg cholesterol
- 180mg sodium
- 6g sugars
Serving size: 1 tortilla bowl
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.