In this section
Make an Appointment
Living With Asthma
Yes! Being active is a good idea. It helps your lungs get stronger, so they work better.
Get tips on exercise and sports
Your care team will help you figure out if weather makes your asthma worse.
Find out what to do
Some kids with asthma can have pets — it depends on the pet and the person's asthma.
Get tips and advice
Be sure teachers and school nurses have your asthma action plan so they know what to do.
If family or friends smoke around you, tell them it makes your asthma worse.
See what to do
When the air pollution is high, it's best to stay inside and run the air conditioning if you can.
Read more tips
What Do These Words Mean?
- What Are Airways?
- What Are Allergy Shots and Immunotherapy?
- What Are Bronchial Tubes?
- What Are Corticosteroids?
- What Are Dust Mites?
- What Are Long-Term Control Medicines?
- What Are Quick-Relief Medicines?
- What Are Retractions?
- What Are Sulfites?
- What Are Triggers?
- What Is a Lung Function Test?
- What Is Animal Dander?
- What Is Bronchoconstriction?
- What Is Exercise-Induced Asthma?
- What Is Histamine?
- What's a Bronchodilator?
- What's a Cough?
- What's a Spacer?
- What's a Spirometer?
- What's Allergy-Triggered Asthma?
- What's an Airway Obstruction?
- What's an Allergen?
- What's an Asthma Action Plan?
- What's an Asthma Flare-Up?
- What's Asthma?
- What's Pollen?
- Word! Inhaler
- Word! Nebulizer
- Word! Peak Flow Meter
- Word! Wheeze