Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich
Prep time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 slice of Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pear, sliced
Equipment and supplies:
- Small skillet
- 1 butter knife
What to do:
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. These sides will be on the outside of your sandwich.
- Spread the other sides with mustard. They will be on the inside.
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down, on the cool skillet.
- Add the Swiss cheese.
- Add the sliced pears on top of the cheese.
- Top with the other bread slice, mustard-side down.
- Heat the skillet on low to medium heat.
- Cook, flipping once, until the edges are golden and the cheese is melted.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 370 calories
- 15g protein
- 13g fat
- 7g sat. fat
- 50g carbohydrate
- 6g fiber
- 35mg cholesterol
- 560mg sodium
- 13g sugars
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.