Prep time: about 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 green, yellow, or red pepper, washed
- 1 celery stalk, washed
- 1 carrot, washed and peeled
- your favorite salad dressing
What to do:
- Cut the pepper in half from side to side, and remove seeds.
- Keep one half to use as bowl; cut the other half into thin slices.
- Cut the carrot and celery into thin sticks about 4" long.
- Put a little salad dressing in the bottom of the pepper bowl, then add celery, carrot, and pepper slices.
- Enjoy these portable veggie treats by dipping the veggie slices into the dressing, then eating the bowl when you're done!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 93 calories
- 3g protein
- 1g fat
- 22g carbohydrate
- 4g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 98mg sodium
- 71mg calcium
- 0.7mg iron
Serving size: 1 veggie bowl
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.