Prep time: about 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1-1/2 c. unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
What to do:
For smooth peanut butter:
- Mix the peanuts with the peanut oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
- Process the mixture until it's very smooth.
- Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
For chunky peanut butter:
- Take about 1/4 cup out of your 1-1/2 cups of peanuts and set them aside.
- Mix the rest of the peanuts with the oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
- Process the mixture until it's very smooth, then stir in the peanuts that you had set aside.
- Process a few seconds more to create the chunks in your chunky peanut butter.
- Store your chunky peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 116 calories
- 10.25g fat
- 4.3g protein
- 4g carbohydrate
- 1.5g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 1mg sodium
- 10mg calcium
- 0.4mg iron
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
- Mealtime Makeover: Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Cooking With Kids
- Cooking With Preschoolers
- Cooking With School-Age Kids
- Food Safety for Your Family
- Healthy Eating
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.