Prep time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1/3 c. red seedless grapes
- 1/3 c. green seedless grapes
- 2/3 c. pineapple chunks
- 1 c. nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 c. dried coconut, shredded
What to do:
- Prepare the fruit by washing the grapes, washing the apples and cutting them into small squares, peeling the banana and cutting it into chunks, and cutting the pineapple into chunks, if it's fresh.
- Spread coconut onto a large plate.
- Slide pieces of fruit onto a wooden skewer and design your own kabob by putting as much or as little of whatever fruit you want! Do this until the stick is almost covered from end to end.
- Hold your kabob at the ends and roll it in the yogurt, so the fruit gets covered. Then roll it in the coconut.
- Repeat these steps with another skewer.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 141 calories
- 3g fat
- 2g sat. fat
- 28g carbohydrate
- 3g fiber
- 1mg cholesterol
- 52mg sodium
- 103mg calcium
- 0.5mg iron
Serving size: 1 kabob
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Roll your kabobs in something besides coconut. Try granola, nuts, or raisins, or use your imagination.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.