Blueberry Oatmeal Squares
Note: You can use raisins instead of blueberries to make cinnamon-raisin oatmeal squares.
Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 1-1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Coat 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 120 calories
- 5g protein
- 1.5g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 23g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 25mg cholesterol
- 95mg sodium
- 9g sugars
Serving size: 1 square
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
- Healthy Eating
- Heart and Circulatory System
- Keeping Portions Under Control
- One Formula for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Carbohydrates and Sugar
- Blueberry Muffins
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Veer, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com.