Cook time: About 20 minutes, total
Prep time: 5 minutes
Recipe makes: 8 quesadillas (4 servings)
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup cooked, plain beans (black or pinto beans work well)
- ½ cup cooked yellow corn kernels
Equipment and supplies:
- Cheese grater
- Small bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cooking spray
- Grate the cheese into a small bowl and set aside.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and put it on the stovetop over medium heat. Place two tortillas in the pan.
- Sprinkle one-eighth of the cheese on half of each tortilla. Add 1 tablespoon beans and 1 tablespoon corn.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling and press down gently. Cook for 1 minute on each side, until cheese melts.
- Remove the quesadillas from the pan and keep warm while you cook the rest. Serve warm with salsa.
Reviewed by: Meredith Parkinson, RD, LDN
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.