Hearty Swiss Cereal
Prep time: 10 minutes
Soak time: 30-40 minutes
Recipe makes: 12 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups diced apple
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Equipment and supplies:
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Combine the oats and raisins in a bowl. Add the milk and stir.
- Let soak for 30-40 minutes.
- Drain off excess milk, then add the yogurt and vanilla (if using).
- Add the fruit and nuts. Mix together well and serve.
Tip: This cereal will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. If you'll be preparing the cereal ahead of time, add the fruit and nuts just before serving.
Reviewed by: Meredith Parkinson, RD, LDN
Date reviewed: November 2012
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.