Note for babysitters:
This recipe contains milk and eggs.
Ask parents about any food allergies
before making this recipe for kids.
Prep time: about 15 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. milk
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 2 pieces of bread
- Crack the egg into a medium-size bowl and beat well. Then mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Put the margarine in a frying pan. Heat the pan on the stovetop on medium heat. It's hot enough when the margarine starts to bubble.
- Dunk each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Make sure the bread is totally covered.
- Cook the bread in the frying pan on low heat until the underside is light brown (about 5 minutes).
- Use a spatula to flip the bread over, and cook again for another 5 minutes.
- Use the spatula to transfer the French toast to a plate.
Serving size: 1 slice
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
6 g protein
9 g fat
13 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
107 mg cholesterol
218 mg sodium
80 mg calcium
1.1 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Eat your French toast with powdered sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, jelly, or fruit on top.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.