Vegetable Skillet Frittata
Note: This recipe is especially for teens with diabetes, but can be a nutritious part of almost anyone's diet.
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1½ cup broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Equipment and supplies:
- 10" skillet
- Measuring cups
- 1 knife
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat broiler.
- Wrap handle of skillet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and broccoli.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour egg whites and eggs into skillet over the vegetables.
- Cook until eggs are almost fully cooked.
- Top with cheese and use an oven mitten to transfer the skillet in to the broiler.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before serving.
Reviewed by: Cheryl Patterson, RD, CD
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.