Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
This scrumptious meal is loaded with calories, protein, and sodium.
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 oz.) can of enchilada sauce
- 2 c. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a greased 1.5-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serving size: 2 cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
67 g protein
38 g fat
3440 mg sodium
457 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with rice and sour cream.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, CNSC, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.