Tofu Salad Rolls With Sweet and Tangy Dressing
Prep time: 10 minutes
Recipe makes: 8 rolls (4 servings)
Ingredients for salad rolls:
- 1 small carrot
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 small cucumber
- 8 pieces of Boston or Bibb lettuce, or any other kind of lettuce that bends easily
- 16 ozs. firm tofu
Ingredients for dressing:
- 1/3 c. rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. water
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
Equipment and supplies:
- Small bowl for mixing dressing
- Knife and cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, water, brown sugar, and pepper.
- Wash the vegetables and peel the carrot. Slice the carrot, bell pepper, and cucumber into thin strips.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch strips.
- Gently wash and dry the lettuce leaves. Place on a flat surface so the curved sides face up, making a cup or well to hold the veggies.
- Divide the carrot, pepper, cucumber, and tofu evenly among the lettuce leaves. Drizzle each with about a tablespoon of dressing.
- Before eating, close the edges of the lettuce around the tofu and veggies to make a roll.
Reviewed by: Meredith Parkinson, RD, LDN
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.