Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 slice of Swiss cheese
- ½ pear, sliced
Equipment and supplies:
- Small skillet
- 1 butter knife
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. These sides will be on the outside of your sandwich.
- Spread the other sides with mustard. They will be on the inside.
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down, on the cool skillet.
- Add the Swiss cheese.
- Add the sliced pears on top of the cheese.
- Top with the other bread slice, mustard-side down.
- Heat the skillet on low to medium heat.
- Cook, flipping once, until the edges are golden and the cheese is melted.
Share this page using:
Note: Clicking these links will take you to a site outside of KidsHealth's control.
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.
Images provided by The Nemours Foundation, iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com