Quick Bread and Butter Pickles
Prep and cook time: 15-20 minutes
Cure time: a minimum of 2 hours
Recipe makes: 4 jars
- 1 c. apple cider vinegar
- ½ c. white vinegar
- 1½ c. water
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- 2 hothouse cucumbers
Equipment and supplies:
- Knife and cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium saucepan
- 4 small Mason jars (or any jar/container with a tight-fitting lid)
- Slice cucumbers into ¼-inch thick rounds.
- Combine vinegars, water, dill, and mustard seed in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes, then turn off heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place cucumbers into jars, making sure to fill each jar almost all the way with cucumbers. Pour pickling liquid over cucumbers until they are fully submerged in the liquid. Put the lids onto each jar.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is best).
You can store unopened jars of pickles in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Reviewed by: Meredith Parkinson, RD, LDN
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.