Five-Spice Chicken Salad Wrap
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time (for chicken): 1 hour
Recipe makes: 2 servings
Ingredients for the Chicken:
- 1 large bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
- ½ teaspoon salt substitute
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 scallion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8-inch whole-wheat wrap
Equipment and Supplies:
- Baking sheet or shallow roasting pan
- Aluminum foil
- Knife and cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
Instructions for Cooking the Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line baking sheet or roasting pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and place chicken on top.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray and season with salt substitute and black pepper. Roast for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool completely before pulling meat off of the bone and dicing. Chicken can be cooked a day or two in advance and kept refrigerated.
Instructions for Making the Salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the pre-made chicken with the scallion, celery, five-spice powder, pepper, and mayonnaise. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto wrap and place lettuce on top. Roll up, cut in half, and serve with some crispy fresh veggies.
Tip: For packed lunches, keep the filling and wrap separate and combine just before eating so the wrap doesn't get soggy.
Share this page using:
Note: All information on TeensHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.