What Other Parents Are Reading
Note: This recipe is especially for kids with lactose intolerance, who need to limit or avoid dairy products.
Enjoy this creamy chicken dish with a bit of Indian flare. This entree is a good source of protein.
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 2 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. plain or vanilla soy yogurt (lactose free)
- 1½ tsp. cilantro
- 1½ tsp. curry powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C).
- Combine yogurt, cilantro, and curry powder in a shallow bowl.
- Add chicken to yogurt sauce and coat evenly.
- Place chicken in a greased casserole dish.
- Spoon remainder of yogurt sauce on top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 35 minutes or until it's no longer pink in the middle.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
38 g protein
5 g fat
2 g sat. fat
4 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
100 mg cholesterol
127 mg sodium
129 mg calcium
1.2 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Tastes great with couscous or rice and steamed vegetables.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, CNSC, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012
- About Recipes for Kids With Lactose Intolerance
- Cooking With Kids
- Food Safety for Your Family
- Lactose Intolerance
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.