What Other Parents Are Reading
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
Smoothies are a great way to add extra calories and protein to your child's diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 banana
- 1¼ cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup lemon sherbet
- 2 tablespoons dry skim milk powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Serving size: 12 ounces
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
8 g protein
26 g fat
250 mg calcium
115 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Experiment with this standard recipe by substituting other favorite fruits for the banana and strawberries.
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD
- About Recipes for Kids With Cystic Fibrosis
- Super Banana-Strawberry Smoothie
- Cystic Fibrosis: Diet and Nutrition
- Cystic Fibrosis
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.