What Other Parents Are Reading
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This recipe is a high-calorie, calcium-dense twist on a tasty favorite.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 4.9-ounce box of scalloped potato mix
- 1-2/3 cup (13.3 ounces) boiling water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F (232°C).
- In an ungreased 1½-quart casserole dish, combine potatoes and sauce mix, water, heavy cream, butter, and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
Serving size: 2/3 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
9 g protein
33 g fat
700 mg sodium
215 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD
- About Recipes for Kids With Cystic Fibrosis
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Cystic Fibrosis: Diet and Nutrition
- Cystic Fibrosis
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.