What Other Parents Are Reading
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This delicious meal is loaded with calories, protein, and sodium.
Prep time: 40 minutes
- vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (10.75-ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (15-ounce) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 1.5-quart casserole dish with cooking spray or small amount of vegetable oil.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serving size: 2 cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
67 g protein
38 g fat
3440 mg sodium
457 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with rice and sour cream.
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD
- About Recipes for Kids With Cystic Fibrosis
- Enchilada Casserole
- Cystic Fibrosis: Diet and Nutrition
- Cystic Fibrosis
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.