What Other Parents Are Reading
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
You can make this yummy dessert now and freeze the leftovers to eat later.
Prep time: 50 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 box pudding-style yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Mix together all the ingredients listed to make the bottom layer and spread in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Use hand mixer to whip together the remaining ingredients to make the middle layer. Whip until fluffy and spread over cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Serving size: 3½-inch x 2½-inch square
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
16 g fat
410 mg sodium
76 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD
- About Recipes for Kids With Cystic Fibrosis
- Cheesecake Squares
- Cystic Fibrosis: Diet and Nutrition
- Cystic Fibrosis
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.