What Other Parents Are Reading
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who often need to consume additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
This recipe is a wonderful way to add vegetables to your plate and tastes even better the next day! You can easily cut this recipe in half.
Prep time: 25 minutes (not including chilling time)
- 3 c. of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2/3 c. raisins
- ¼ c. red onion, chopped
- ½ c. walnuts
- 15 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli, raisins, red onions, walnuts, and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over broccoli and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Serving size: ¾ cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
46 g fat
11 g protein
670 mg sodium
42 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, CNSC, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012
- Cystic Fibrosis: Diet and Nutrition
- About Recipes for Kids With Cystic Fibrosis
- Broccoli Salad
- Cystic Fibrosis
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.