What Other Parents Are Reading
Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Prep time: 55 minutes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (each about 5 inches long and 3 inches wide)
- 4 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 tbsp. canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into ½-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato strips with canola oil and dried thyme.
- Place the coated potato strips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn potatoes once or twice during cooking to cook evenly.
Serving size: About ½ cup of fries
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Vitamin A helps develop a baby's heart, eyes, and immune system. Good sources of vitamin A include milk, orange fruits and vegetables (such as cantaloupe, carrots, and sweet potatoes), and dark leafy greens. Prenatal vitamins should not contain more than 1,500 micrograms (5,000 IU) of vitamin A and pregnant women should not take vitamin A supplements. Both too little and too much vitamin A can harm a developing fetus.
Reviewed by: Meredith Parkinson, RD, LDN
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.