What Other Parents Are Reading
Denver Omelet Sandwich
Note: This recipe is especially for pregnant and breastfeeding women, but it can be a nutritious part of almost anyone's diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes, including cook time
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. chopped green pepper
- ¼ tsp. chopped onion
- ½ slice Canadian bacon, small dice
- 1-oz. slice Monterey Jack or American cheese
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- In small bowl, whisk together egg, green pepper, onion, and bacon.
- Pour into Pyrex custard cup.
- Microwave on high 1-1½ minutes, or until cooked through.
- While egg is cooking, toast English muffin.
- Add cheese slice to one muffin half; add egg; top with other muffin half.
Makes: 1 egg sandwich
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
22 g protein
13 g fat
6 g sat. fat
27 g carbohydrate
5 g fiber
238 mg cholesterol
931 mg sodium
403 mg calcium
3 mg iron
57 mcg folic acid
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Why this recipe is good for pregnant or breastfeeding women:
This recipe is rich in protein, fiber, and calcium, which are important nutrients during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.