What Other Parents Are Reading
Bean Burrito to Go
Note: This recipe is especially for pregnant and breastfeeding women, but can be a nutritious part of almost anyone's diet.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 6-inch flour tortilla
- ¼ c. refried beans
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. green onion, chopped
- salsa and low-fat sour cream for dipping
- Spread the refried beans on the tortilla and sprinkle on cheese and green onion.
- Roll the tortilla and stick a toothpick through the middle.
- Heat for 30 seconds on high in the microwave.
- Serve with salsa and low-fat sour cream as desired.
Serving size: 1 burrito
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
13 g protein
13 g fat
6 g sat. fat
22 g carbohydrate
3 g fiber
30 mg cholesterol
686 mg sodium
259 mg calcium
2 mg iron
9 mcg folic acid
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Why this recipe is good for pregnant or breastfeeding women:
This recipe can be a fast snack or part of a meal for a busy pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
Reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.