What Other Parents Are Reading
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1/3 c. red seedless grapes
- 1/3 c. green seedless grapes
- 2/3 c. pineapple chunks
- 1 c. nonfat yogurt
- ¼ c. dried coconut, shredded
- Prepare the fruit by washing the grapes, washing the apples and cutting them into small squares, peeling the banana and cutting it into chunks, and cutting the pineapple into chunks, if it's fresh.
- Spread coconut onto a large plate.
- Slide pieces of fruit onto a wooden skewer and design your own kabob by putting as much or as little of whatever fruit you want! Do this until the stick is almost covered from end to end.
- Hold your kabob at the ends and roll it in the yogurt, so the fruit gets covered. Then roll it in the coconut.
- Repeat these steps with another skewer.
Serving size: 1 kabob
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
3 g fat
2 g sat. fat
28 g carbohydrate
3 g fiber
1 mg cholesterol
52 mg sodium
103 mg calcium
0.5 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Roll your kabobs in something besides coconut. Try granola, nuts, or raisins, or use your imagination.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.