What Other Parents Are Reading
Vegetable Skillet Frittata
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1½ cup broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Wrap handle of skillet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and broccoli.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour egg whites and eggs into skillet over the vegetables.
- Cook until eggs are almost fully cooked.
- Top with cheese and use an oven mitten to transfer the skillet into the oven.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before serving.
Reviewed by: Cheryl Patterson, RD, CDE
- Vegetable Skillet Frittata
- Diabetes Center
- Meal Plans: What Kids With Diabetes Need to Know
- About Recipes for Kids With Diabetes
Share this page using:
Note: All information on KidsHealth® is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995- The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved.